Happy Hearts & Healing Harmonies
Once again, it's February which means we get to celebrate Love AND Black History Month! What a great combination.
Last year, I wrote a blog about my connection to both of these celebrations. You can re-read that blogpost titled "Culture & Context in Music Therapy" by clicking here.
This year, I thought I would share a few musical playlists around the theme of Love as well as a resource hub for celebrating Black History. Let's create a place for Happy Hearts & Healing Harmonies. Enjoy! xo
Black History Month Resources
"Black History is not just for Black people, Black history is Canadian History"
― Jean Augustine
- History of Black History Month
- Facts about Black History Month
- Spirituals Medley
- "Little Brown Girl" Original Song
- "Lift Every Voice and Sing"
- Rest in Power Chadwick Boseman Tribute (why this holds so much importance may be a explored in a separate blogpost)
- Charities to support
- Lesson plans and teaching resources
- More teaching resources
- Even more teaching resources
- Black history organizations and educational resources in Canada
- Canada celebrates Black History Month
Love & Celebration Playlist
“Music is what tells us that the human race is greater than we realize.”