May The Force Be With You.
So, we are all embracing this new wave of digital… everything.
In this technology-heavy season, I find myself overwhelmed with emails, live streams, constant news updates, and online resources. I also feel an unspoken pressure to host live videos, post more content to social media, create online resources that are accessible to my clients and simply put… be more available to EVERYONE than I ever have been in my life.
Whew! It felt good to get that off my chest.
I mean, I know I can’t be alone in feeling this way and so I have made the decision to actively limit my “accessibility” - by creating a force field if you wish. Giving my mind rest and creating boundaries for the sake of my wellbeing.
- I will start my day with a heart or mind centred activity (e.g. exercising, devotions, meditation, journalling).
- I will only use social media between the hours of 10am - 7pm and never for longer than 1hr at a time.
- I will establish a work space that is separate from my living space.
- I will take 10-minute breaks at various points in my day to breathe, drink water, and be creative in some way (e.g. write a song, improvise, write poetry, paint, etc.).
- I will call at least one human a day to talk about something other than work.
- I will turn off all technology before going to bed and read a book, stretch, or vocalize for half an hour.
Behold! My force field.
What boundaries are you choosing to set for yourself during this time? What fuels your force field?
The infamous phrase from the Star Wars series, “May the force be with you,” is a sentiment of positivity and good fortune. I hope that this sentiment will be true, not only for me and my wellbeing during this pandemic but also, for you and your families.
From my home to yours,
May the force be with you!